IntroductionRecently I published a short review of Studio Miniatures' new plastic zombies. In that article, I claimed that the completed figures I was showing had been painted in too much of a rush and that I could do better. Well, I took a bit more time and care over this lot. See what you think...
- Firstly (and most obviously), I've cut off the bases that were moulded onto the figures. Instead, they have been glued to the thin Renedra circular bases that were provided in the kit.
- Secondly, I've taken a little bit off the necks on each figure. It was probably only about 0.5mm on each figure, but I think it does help to avoid the "ostrich effect".
- Thirdly, some of the arms have been trimmed a little to enable them to hang down close by the figure's sides (rather than sticking out a bit). This was a very easy modification and is most obvious on the second figure, with the white shirt and green tie.
- Finally, I've added a sandwich board with an appropriately doom-laden slogan to the final zombie. This is a small conversion that I had been thinking of for some time; these zombie figures are ideally suited to it.