IntroductionWe often use blogs to show off our best work - I suppose that's to be expected - but rarely do we exhibit our mistakes. Here's an example of something that has gone very wrong...
Now, I'd intended that these models would be built to a very high standard. They'd have opening doors, transparencies for windows, no exposed foamcore edges and so on. I spent a lot of effort to get to the stage you can see here.
The conservatory on my house is south facing (northern hemisphere) and it can get very hot if not opened up during the day. Indeed, some years ago we were out for the entire day; when we returned we recorded a temperature of 50 degrees Centigrade!
Attempt at RecoveryAt this point, I took a deep breath and thought about what I might do to fix the problem. My first attempt to stick the card back to the foam (using white PVA/Elmer's) didn't really work; the glue wouldn't adhere to the inner core.
In despairSo there you have it - a sorry tale of woe! It's been a couple of months now since this disaster occurred and I cannot figure out how to fix the models. They're quite unusable as it stands, in my opinion.
It would probably be less effort to just start over rather than attempting to patch up all the damaged parts. On the other hand, I put a lot of effort into these and I cannot bring myself to just chuck them in the rubbish bin. Not quite yet, anyway...