A Wet and Windy Sunday.On Sunday, my friend Steve and one of his sons visited for the day. We'd decided to play ATZ; it ended up being quite a big game. Read on to find out what happened.
The PlanThere were armed gangs (and worse) roaming the streets now. Without any power and without working phones, the occupants of the "Golden Hills" retirement complex couldn't tell what was happening more than a few blocks away. At a brief council of war, it was decided that a group should try to make it to the nearest police station and seek for help. Maybe they could persuade some officers to return with them to bring law and order back to the area?
It was agreed that the party would consist of:
- John (the photographer). REP4, pistol and camera. See "John the photographer goes shopping" to discover how John obtained the pistol.
- Bomber (the caretaker's brother): REP4, baseball bat, brawler (+1d6 in melee).
- Captain Salty (a retired seaman, but one of the younger and fitter residents of the complex): REP4, pistol. In his younger days, Salty had visited a number of the wilder parts of the world; he still had the revolver he carried to protect himself on those adventures.
- Goofy (the neighbourhood survivalist): REP4, shotgun.
- Nancy (she comes with Goofy, though is quite a lot younger than he is. No-one is quite sure if she's his wife, or daughter, or maybe just an associate. It's thought impolite to ask). REP4, pistol, small (-1d6 in melee).
Cautious Steps"I'm not just marching up the road!" said Goofy. "We might be seen!".
"Well what do you suggest then?" replied Bomber, sarcastically.
"Just take it carefully, that's all I'm saying" was the reply.
The group crossed the street and huddled in front of the door to the garage whilst considering their next move.
"Help!" shouted Terry (the man). "She's hurt! Please help us!"
Bomber looked round when he heard noises behind him. "Guys! We've got to go! Now!" he called.
Captain Salty was still crouched behind the truck, mumbling something quietly to himself.
Nancy had scouted ahead a little way and was peering round the far corner of the block, looking into the burger bar's car park. As the men of the party ran for their lives past her, she wasn't paying attention and no-one remembered to warn her. They reached the far end of the park before anyone noticed.
Across the road from the park, Goofy could see 2 figures approaching from the direction of the police station. They were cops - officers Columbo (REP5) and Callahan (REP4). This was just what the group was looking for! Help was on its way!
...to be continued.