This week, I have mostly been painting zombies...What I should have been doing is finishing, or at least progressing, some of my older hobby projects. In particular, my Saga Scots warband is primed and ready to paint, but lack of completion is holding up even a trial game. My 6mm Napoleonic armies are not quite ready for me to put on a game of Black Powder. And for weeks now I've been intending to make some forest path scenery for a Robin Hood game...
Instead, I've been completing yet more zombies. These are easy to paint because they're familiar (I'm always faced with a bit of inertia when starting a brand new project). However, I don't really need them; I've already got enough zombies for anything other than the most ambitious game. Sometimes you need to do things just because they're fun!
Blue Moon ZombiesClaymore 2012; getting round to painting them in less than 2 months is relatively quick for me! Obviously I haven't finished all of the models in the set, but here are 3 female zombies.
Wargames Factory Zombie Vixenshere. Since then I've made some progress and can display quite a few more. As well as the lifeguard and the maid (seen previously), this picture shows the evening dress and the nurse.
There's not really much left of the second crawler at all! I've modeled some extra guts and stuff spilling out of the torso, though I confess that I found doing this to be rather unsettling.
I've put a rat on the base of the right-hand crawler, just to add a bit of volume to a model that is otherwise fairly insubstantial. This rodent comes from Black Cat Bases and was in a random accessories pack that I bought some time ago.
Finally, a tip: I tend to use Google Images a lot for inspiration when painting. Don't search for "women's football strip" if you want to depict a team player; it won't return the results you expect. Note also that using "uniform" instead of "strip" isn't much better! The internet is a wonderful thing, but sometimes it can be a dark place as well...