- The bandit players (4 of them!) each start with 1 character, who is placed in a separate corner of the board. Each turn that the Bystander card is drawn, another bandit enters from a random corner. Note that most of the banditos are Gunman class, so they're fairly average. I have 10 bandito models, so once they're all used then no more will arrive.
- Tuco is the bandit's big man; if he is killed or captured then the game ends immediately with a joint win for the surviving townsfolk. Tuco is a very powerful character; this rule is intended to handicap the banditos by making them use him very cautiously.
- Otherwise, the bandits win by entering the jail and releasing their comrade. Only the player whose figure releases Emilio counts as winning; the others tie for second place!
- If neither of the above victory conditions is met when the time limit for the evening's play is up then the sheriff and his posse return; the townsfolk score a joint minor win.
- Black Bart wins a major victory if he escapes from the town, but only if the bandits then lose (he did promise to defend the town, after all). If the bandits lose but he doesn't escape then he scores a minor victory.
- Blondie wins a major victory he survives, the bandits lose and Black Bart remains in the town (i.e. is recaptured).
- Deputy Eddie wins a major victory if he survives and Emilio is still in the jail.
Back at the Jail
Another rifleman (Cesar) approached the back of the jail from the northeast. Black Bart strode past Blondie, firing as he went. Although he took a minor wound from Cesar's hasty shot, he gave as good as he got and the bandit ran for cover, bleeding from the left arm.
- Black Bart was disarmed and returned to custody, though maybe the judge would look kindly on his actions in defending the town. He was injured, but still gains a minor victory.
- Blondie took a minor wound, but still gained a major victory (and lots of reputation as a hard man!)
- Deputy Eddie achieved all his objectives and therefore also gains a major victory. He didn't kill anyone, but he was unhurt himself and is the surprise hero of the day!