A short while ago, I made a pledge: here. For anyone who doesn't want to revisit that article, I promised myself that I would only start one brand new model for every two part-completed pieces in my collection that I finished off. This was aimed at helping me to reduce the numbers of my many "stagnant" models; pieces which had been started (built, undercoated, or even partially painted) but for a variety of reasons had not been completed.
Well, it's time for an update, I think...
For the most part, I have indeed been sticking to my self-made promise. There was one set of new purchases that excited me too much and I have started them even though I didn't have "credit" to do so. However, that's only a slight wobble and (at least in theory) these models are straightforward and should therefore be completed with very little effort.
Apart from that glitch, here's the list of pieces which I have finally finished:
|A couple of Dreadball hangers-on. One coach/owner and an excitable fan...
|More "Nightfolk". These (and others) will form my "green" warband for Frostgrave - or any other game, really
|A flock of Stymphalian birds for my ancient Greek heroes to encounter. These are cranes from some 'O' gauge railroad supplier, though I did paint their beaks bronze, as they should be for flesh-eating, armour-piercing monsters of death!
|A pair of bramble thickets. With a few more of these, I could really populate a gaming table with some difficult terrain...
So, the above are on the "credit" side; they were all models that I had begun before I took the pledge. By my own self-imposed rules, finishing these 19 pieces permits me to begin 9.5 brand new models. Here's how I used some of that credit:
|3 shifty-looking Zanzibaris, to add to my Congo column. I've got quite a few more, but am not yet ready to start painting them.
|Another 5 ninjas for Test of Honour. Painting black isn't terribly exciting (and I don't think I did it very well in this case), but at least they're finished and ready for action.
So, there we have it. I've stuck to my promise (mostly) for 2 months; let's see how much longer I can sustain it!