Sunday 24 June 2012

Army Showcase: Zombies!

I've not written much about ATZ or Zombies recently.  This isn't because I have forgotten or given up, but rather because I'm trying to use the momentum I've gained from all your earlier encouragement to prepare something new.  I'm working on producing models for a sheltered housing complex (as mentioned in my ATZ campaign games, parts 2, and 3), so I have the option of playing the next game there.  Of course, this is taking a long time; longer than I predicted...

In the meantime, I thought it would be nice to show photographs of my zombie collection.  This is partly for my own benefit, as I then have a permanent record of which models I have.  But, hey - you might like to take a look too!
These zombies are from the idiosyncratic Golgo Island range.  I've added the walking stick to the old man, but otherwise they are unmodified.

Zombies from Tengu Miniatures.  Because I host games with a lot of teenage boys, I don't like to have too many naked female miniatures (it distracts them too much!), so some of the nudes have been "dressed" with green stuff.
Cold War Miniatures.  Lots of character!

More Zombies from Cold War Miniatures

Wargames Factory multi-part plastic zombies.  Yes, the one in the middle does have a portion of chips (on the ground, in the brown paper), to go with the foot he is carrying!
More figures from Wargames Factory.  I'm quite proud of the surf shorts that the centre guy is wearing.
Another small group of Wargames Factory zombies
Victory Force zombies.  Some of their huge range.
More zeds from Victory Force
Another group from Victory Force.  Mostly Star Trek crew (or re-enactors)


9 comments:

  1. Very nice collection how many does your horde go upto?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make it 89. Not nearly as many as some people we know :-) . I don't think I've ever run out during a game, though sometimes, in extremely bloody fights, I've had to recycle "dead" zombies to keep them coming.

      Delete
  2. Great looking horde, good work too on the plastics - which I've found quite tricky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The Wargames Factory models were the first zombies in my collection. I cannot remember for sure (it's been a while), but I think I needed to use at least some filler around the waist joints. Possibly the arms as well.

      Delete
  3. These are looking great! Good work.

    Could be I need to make a "zombie count" with pics as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm always interested to see other people's work, if you do decide to publish your own pictures.

      Delete
  4. That's a great collection of zombies you have and all painted to a very high standard. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. I can't help feeling that I need more, though...

    ReplyDelete