Saturday 13 July 2013

Zombies at the beach

It's Summertime!

In honour of the heatwave currently sweeping through the United Kingdom, I decided to put together a few shots of my zombies at the beach.  It's a bit hard to tell if they're enjoying themselves, mind.  Still, why shouldn't they have a day out?

Surfer and Lifeguard
The surfer is a Hasslefree model (HFZ208), while the lifeguard comes from Wargames Factory's Zombie Vixens plastic box set.

Beach Games
This pair are playing with a beach ball.  At least, there's a ball there; I'm not sure if they're actually playing with it or not.  She is BH07C "Salma" from Tengu Models, though I've sculpted a swimsuit on (the model came naked).  He is another Wargames Factory model, this time from their original Zombies range. 

Beach Shorts
Finally, the guy with the fancy shorts is looking for the bar.  I think.  Or maybe he's looking for brains...  Either way, he's another Wargames Factory zombie.

A Grand Day Out
It's a shame that I didn't base all of these figures for the beach - but most of my zombie games are set in the city and sand isn't really appropriate.  Still, they'll do well enough for a spur-of-the-moment idea like this.

Enjoy the sunny weather while it lasts, unless you're a gardener, work in a stuffy office, suffer from hay fever or are just a miserable git - in which case pray for rain!

16 comments:

  1. Wipe-out! I like the zombie in shades, Proof that even in an apocalypse one must be fashionable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the one with the shades is probably in for a bad dose of sunburn, judging by the pallor of his skin!

      Delete
  2. Hahaha, those are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mathyoo. It's just an idea I had...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. An oxymoron, but I appreciate the sentiment. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Just a whim. Seems that you can get Christmas zombies, wedding zombies, Halloween zombies &c easily enough - but no beach zombies?

      Delete
  5. Surfs up dude....

    Brilliant to go with a theme for them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seemed appropriate, considering the weather that we've been having :-) ...

      Delete
  6. Great stuff,
    I particularly like the surfer zed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The surfer zed's hands are a bit big - I think he's from a "guest sculptor" at Hasslefree rather than from Kev himself - but it's a unique model.

      Delete
  7. Very cool dude. Cowabunga man! Vacation zombies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I don't see why they shouldn't get a holiday like everyone else:-) ...

      Delete
  8. The heat has obviously affected you (or was it a case of Summer boredom?)Either way a good diversion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a fair assessment, I think :-) .

      Delete